Retirement is that special opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a long and rewarding career. Our plans enable you to prepare for your retirement years throughout your whole working career.Savings Plan
Stock Purchase Plan
The Employees' Savings Plan can play an important role in helping employees build their savings for the future. We offer full time and less-than-full-time U.S. Dow Employees the opportunity to contribute pre-tax and post-tax monies as soon as they are hired. The Company matches all/part of your contributions which makes it an even more attractive savings vehicle. And, plan participants are immediately vested in Company matching contributions! The plan offers a variety of fund options, pre-tax, Roth and post-tax savings, flexibility in changing your investment choices and immediate company-matching contributions which can be changed at any time during the year. In addition, the plan provides 24-hour access to personal account information via the internet and phone and the opportunity to roll over balances from previous employer 401(k) plans to your Dow Employees’ Savings Plan account.
In addition to the Savings Plan, we offer a defined benefit pension plan to eligible U.S. employees. You become vested in the plan after three years, provided you work at least 1,000 hours in each of the three years. The pension plan is 100% funded by the Company; there is no cost to you for this benefit.
- As a Personal Pension Account (PPA) participant, a hypothetical account is established for you for recordkeeping purposes only. No dollars are actually deposited into the account. The PPA is funded, but the individual accounts are not funded. The balance in your hypothetical account is referred to as your Personal Pension Account.
- Your Personal Pension Account grows annually based on Pay Credits and Interest Credits (as defined in the Summary Plan Description). At the end of each Plan Year, your PPA will be credited with a Pay Credit equal to 5% of your base pay as well as your actual performance award for the Plan Year in which it is earned. Additionally, your Personal Pension Account is credited with an annual Interest Credit equal to the Interest Credit Rate multiplied by your Personal Pension Account as of December 31 of the immediately preceding Plan Year.
- The Interest Credit Rate is determined annually by the Company, and is based on the closing rate on the six-month U.S. Treasury bill on the last business day of September immediately preceding the Plan Year to which such interest adjustment relates, plus 1.5%.
- When you leave the company and if you have met the vesting eligibility requirements (as defined in the Summary Plan Description), you can take your PPA benefit as an immediate annuity, as a deferred annuity or as a lump sum.
Stock Purchase Plan
Dow AgroSciences employees are eligible to participate in the Dow Employees Stock Purchase Plan, enabling employees to buy stock of The Dow Chemical Company at a discount, fostering an owner’s mindset and offering another way to share in the company's success.
Please keep in mind…
- This information is intended only as an overview for quick reference purposes. Many details and provisions of the various plans and policies have been omitted. If there are discrepancies between this information and the plan documents, summary plan descriptions, certificates of insurance, or other official documents, such documents shall govern.
- Availability of some plans and programs and benefits coverages may differ for certain bargained-for groups.
- The Dow Chemical Company reserves the right to amend, modify and terminate any plan, program or policy at any time, at its sole discretion.