- Ground application: Treflan must be applied in at least 100 L of water per hectare; broadcast basis. Use a low-pressure herbicide sprayer that applies the spray uniformly. Be sure to properly calibrate the sprayer before application and check frequently during use to ensure proper calibration and uniform application. Apply Treflan to the soil surface and incorporate in the same operation if possible. Do not delay incorporation more than 24 hours after application.
– Treflan needs to be incorporated into your fields twice at cross angles. The first incorporation should be done within 24 hours of application (period to prevent product from photo degrading on the soil surface), or combined with your application operation.
– Incorporate Treflan with a tandem disc, discer or field cultivator set to work 8 to 10 cm deep. Operate disc implements at 7 to 10 km/h and cultivators at 10 to 13 km/h.
– Treflan should not be incorporated with a field cultivator when the soil is crusted, lumpy or too wet for good mixing action.
– Disc-type implements are preferred on stubble to ensure a 10 cm depth of operation.
– Incorporation with implements set to cut less than 8 cm deep or more than 10 cm deep may result in erratic weed control or crop damage.
– Rod weeders, harrows, deep tillage cultivators, chisel plows or hoe drills will not properly incorporate Treflan.
- Aerial application: Not registered for aerial application.