Dow AgroSciences Unlabelled, Supported Tank Mixes For use in Western Canada
What is the PMRA tank mix policy?
The PMRA (Pest Management Regulatory Agency) has established a position related to un-labelled tank mix use of commercial pest control products used in crop production, disease or vegetation management.
Based on the position and guidelines established by the PMRA, application of UNLABELLED tank mixes is permitted provided the commercial pest control products are registered and applied within their registered use pattern (i.e. application rate, application timing to crops, weed stages, rotational guidelines, number of applications per season, pre-harvest intervals, pest claims, etc.). Accordingly, users of these products are permitted to apply unlabelled tank mixes of registered pest control products, subject to the following conditions:
- Each tank mix partner is registered for use in Canada on the crop of interest, including genetically modified crops.
- The most restrictive label and use precautions are followed in compliance with label directions.
- Where required specifically by one of the tank mix partners, the tank mix includes an adjuvant at the recommended level. If an adjuvant is not required on the label of any tank mix partner, then no adjuvant may be added to the tank mix.
- The application timings of all tank mix partners are compatible as related to crop and pest staging in addition to recommended loading, mixing and most complete tank-cleanout directions.
- Each tank mix partner is applied in accordance with its registered product label, considering Use Directions, Precautions, Buffer Zones and Resistance Management recommendations. In cases where information on the tank mix partner label differs, use the most restrictive directions must be followed.
- The tank mix combination is a management tool for increased pest control, assists integrated pest management practice, allows for rotation of herbicide groups, saves time and is of value to commercial farm operations.
What does Dow AgroSciences support under the tank mix policy?
Dow AgroSciences Canada will support the unregistered tank mixes listed in the charts below, in addition to all tank mixes that are presently included on product labels or approved by the PMRA. Dow AgroSciences Canada will only assume the liability for the pest control performance of Dow AgroSciences’ products.
Will Dow AgroSciences support tank mixes not listed in the charts?
If a tank mix is not listed, the user or those recommending the un-labelled mix are at their own risk and assume liability. The user or anyone who make the recommendation assumes all risk related to performance, crop tolerance and rotations and agrees to hold Dow AgroSciences harmless in connection with un-labelled tank mixes or those not pre-approved by Dow AgroSciences. If a grower, retail, crop advisor, agronomist or provincial extension personnel make a recommendation they are assuming the liability.
CAUTION: Products not formally registered as tank mixes may not be chemically or biologically compatible. Issues that could arise include, but are not restricted to, invert emulsions or other formulation incompatibilities in the spray tank, deactivation of one or more of the actives, antagonism of weed control, crop injury, delay in maturity, crop rotation issues or yield reduction. DO NOT use unregistered tank mixes that are not been approved by both of the manufacturers of the products as an unregistered tank mix.