Our global Seeds Business is developing a worldwide seed platform in corn, cotton, canola, sunflowers, sorghum, alfalfa and soybeans. This business is responsible for marketing conventional and transgenic seeds to farmers and is the foundation through which new seed varieties/hybrids and technologies will be deployed into the market for the benefit of our customers.
Job Title: Seeds Operations Intern
Location: Indianapolis, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Minnesota, Hawaii
Position Type: Internship
Hiring Manager Title: Facility Production Leader
- Candidates should be sophomore standing or above working towards a degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Horticulture, Crop Science, Ag Mechanization, Manufacturing, or related agricultural fields.
- Ability to build relationships and work well in a team based environment.
- Outstanding communications skills, capable of communicating effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Strong motivational, organization and problem solving skills. Detail and results-oriented individual with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate leadership ability, with the desire to learn, a willingness to ask questions, and adaptable to a changes.
- Must have a clean driving record and be a safe driver.
- Travel may be required.
Seeds Operations Interns get hands-on experience at a North American Seeds Operations facility. Interns are assigned to a Mentor who outline tasks, assist in role and project assignment, and project completion. They are involved in cross functional aspects of operations throughout their employment, giving them valuable knowledge and experience for future career opportunities. All interns will have an opportunity to receive extensive training at our Dow AgroSciences world headquarters, visiting other North American Operations sites, research facilities, and have interactions with interns working in other business units of Dow AgroSciences. You may be asked to perform a specific Project in addition to daily operational responsibilities, projects are designed to enhance each internship and bring value to the North American Operations Group. With the completion of the term, you will have the opportunity to re-cap the intern experience and present the results of your projects to Dow AgroSciences Leadership.
Educational Qualifications Desired:
Internship opportunities exist in Mycogen Seeds Operations organization for individuals who are within one or two years of graduation and who are working towards a bachelor's or master's degree in agriculture related field.
Competencies and Experience Desired
We are interested in individuals who are motivated by the challenges and rewards of working for a company that is experiencing tremendous growth and change. Applicants must be able to demonstrate their abilities to work in an environment made up of a cross section of disciplines (both technical and non-technical), in addition to excellent communication, interpersonal, and technical abilities necessary to succeed in a dynamic and changing organization.
A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis. Applicants who do not indicate that they have the necessary work authorization will not be considered for this U.S.-based position.