As a Responsible Care® company and founding member of Excellence Through Stewardship®, Dow AgroSciences is engaged in a variety of outreach activities to build strong working relationships with its stakeholders. Some of these activities include hosting facility tours, conducting stakeholder surveys, collaborating on special projects, promoting sustainable agricultural practices and implementing educational programs highlighting the responsible use and benefits of our technology.
We are also committed to transparent dialogue with our stakeholders, including members of the agriculture value chain, policymakers, customers, and members of the public. For many years, Dow AgroSciences has been engaged in ongoing dialogue with members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) on a variety of topics from biotechnology to sustainability. Dow AgroSciences has participated in several meetings with ICCR to share information on our new products and address their questions.
In response to stakeholder questions regarding environmental and health impact of our new technology, Dow AgroSciences, a subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, commits to the annual public disclosure of compliance measures and performance related to the use of the Enlist Weed Control System.
Reporting Metrics and Information for 2015 Season: Enlist corn stewarded introduction in the United States
Dow AgroSciences is pleased to report the following information related to the 2015 use of the Enlist™ Weed Control System during its corn stewarded introduction in the United States.
- All growers using the Enlist Weed Control System were trained on the best management practices contained within the Product Use Guide (PUG).
- All growers signed the Dow AgroSciences Technology Use Agreement (TUA). As part of our stewardship program.
- There were no allegations of adverse effects (e.g., human health, environmental, off-target movement), or alleged compliance incidents associated with the use of Enlist products.
- Dow AgroSciences followed up with all of the relatively small number of participating growers using the Enlist Weed Control System to ascertain compliance with stewardship and TUA requirements.
- Dow AgroSciences conducted follow-up surveys as well as on-farm visits with participating growers.
- The follow up indicated growers are aware of stewardship procedures, are routinely utilizing information made available to them via TUA’s, PUG’s and our Enlist Ahead program, and are implementing best management practices.
- Dow AgroSciences received very positive feedback from growers on the performance of all aspects of the technology.
Dow AgroSciences is committed to promoting the responsible use and stewardship of its products. We will continue to provide Enlist 360 training and promote the Enlist Ahead management resource with growers and applicators to help them get the best results from the Enlist Weed Control System.
Compliance reporting of growers using the Enlist Weed Control System at the end of subsequent growing seasons will continue, with performance and progress reported in the company’s sustainability section of the Dow AgroSciences website and linking to the Enlist website.
® Responsible Care is a registered service mark of the American Chemistry Council Inc. ® Excellence Through Stewardship is a registered trademark of Excellence Through Stewardship. ™Enlist is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) or an affiliated company of Dow. Regulatory approval is pending for Enlist cotton. Enlist Duo is not registered for sale or use in all states. Contact your state pesticide regulatory agency to determine if a product is registered for sale or use in your state. Always read and follow label directions. ©2015 Dow AgroSciences LLC.