Case Studies in Sustainable Agriculture
At Dow AgroSciences, sustainability is embedded in the way we do business. We believe responsible and sustainable management of crop protection and plant biotechnology products throughout their life cycles is not only the right way to run our business, but also simply the right thing to do.
Our actions to support sustainable agriculture practices have generated innovative solutions to some of the toughest challenges in agriculture, including weed control, insect control, water quality, carbon mitigation and healthy diet, including:
- The Enlist™ Weed Control System builds on today’s glyphosate-tolerant technology for exceptional weed control – addressing resistance and weed-control problems that threaten yields and modern farming practices.
- Our N-Serve® and Instinct™ nitrogen stabilization products represent the only EPA approved Nitrogen stabilizer solution. By stabilizing the nitrogen, our products keep this nitrogen where farmers need it – enabling fewer applications and increased yields, while helping to prevent release of nitrogen into soil and waterways.
- SmartStax® corn hybrids combine multiple modes of action for the broadest spectrum of in-plant insect control available. This technology enables growers to maximize their whole-farm yield potential and reduce the refuge requirement ─ the area that must be planted with non-insect resistant seed ─ from 20 percent to just 5 percent in the U.S. Corn Belt; and from 50 percent to 20 percent in the cotton-growing states in the United States.
- Dow AgroSciences’ Refuge Advanced® powered by SmartStax combines the insect control of SmartStax seed with high-quality refuge seed for efficient planting and easier compliance. POWERCORE™ is the first product for Brazilian corn growers that stacks five genes in corn to provide multiple modes of action to control major corn pests, such as Fall armyworm, corn earworm and sugarcane borer.
- Healthy diet -- Omega-9 Canola and Sunflower Oils are now the “next generation” in commercial restaurant oils. These healthy oils have zero trans fat, the lowest saturated fats, and high heart-healthy monosaturated fats ─ all accomplished without affecting food taste or superior oil performance.
™Enlist is a trademark of Dow AgroSciences LLC. Components of the Enlist Weed Control System have not yet received regulatory approvals; approvals are pending. The information presented is not an offer for sale.
SmartStax® multi-event technology developed by Dow AgroSciences and Monsanto.
® Refuge Advanced is a trademark of Dow AgroSciences LLC.
SmartStax is a registered trademark of Monsanto Technology LLC. Always follow IRM, grain marketing and all other stewardship practices and pesticide label directions. B.t. products may not yet be registered in all states. Check with your seed representative for the registration status in your state.
®™N-Serve and Instinct are trademarks of Dow AgroSciences LLC
The multi-event technology POWERCORE™ was developed by Monsanto and Dow AgroSciences LLC. POWERCORE™ is a trademark of Monsanto Technology LLC