Milestone® improves brush control results
For vegetation managers, controlling unwanted brush can be a challenge because of many variables that can impact control — often leading to unsatisfactory or inconsistent results. But years of operational experience has shown that adding Milestone® specialty herbicide as a tank-mix partner will help achieve the consistent, long-term results vegetation managers are looking for.
Just one year after treatment, areas treated with a mixture containing Milestone showed 20 percent to 37 percent better control of woody brush species in general than a mix without Milestone, depending on the application method.
Milestone offers excellent noxious weed and brush control, across a wide variety of use sites, and is formulated to work across various woody plant species. Simply mix Milestone with either selective or non-selective herbicides for brush control mixes to improve control of:
- Legume species, including black locust, honeylocust, mimosa and mesquite
- Southern pine species, including loblolly, slash and shortleaf
- Multiple hardwood species, including cherry, poplar, elm, oak and sweetgum
And brush control doesn’t have to come with damage to desirable species. Milestone exhibits little to no damage to grasses, forbs or other key members of the native plant community — improving grass and forb sustainability and density, and slowing invasive of brush species. Other key benefits include:
- Treatment flexibility with the ability to treat terrestrial and seasonally dry wetlands as well as grazed areas. Treatments can be made up to the water’s edge.
- Available in the Continuum® Prescription Control & Container Management System for customized blends.
- Flexible application methods mean year-round brush management while being able to utilize any type of equipment suitable for the site.
- Approved as a Reduced Risk Pesticide by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Low use rates — maximum 7 fl. oz./A broadcast rate.
- Maximum spot treatment rate of 14 fl. oz./A as long as less than 50 percent of the treatable acre is sprayed.
- Common low-volume backpack rates range from 0.25 percent to 0.50 percent v/v.
- Compatible with all standard brush control herbicides.
- Available in multiple packages sizes — quart, 2.5 gallon, and returnable, refillable containers through the Continuum System.