Company Overview: Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $7.3 billion in 2014.
Company History: Dow AgroSciences was originally known as DowElanco and began in 1989 as a joint venture between the Agricultural Products business of The Dow Chemical Company and the Elanco Plant Sciences business of Eli Lilly and Company. The company was renamed in 1997 when Dow acquired 100 percent ownership of the business.
President and CEO: Tim Hassinger
Global Headquarters: Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.
Global Number of Employees: More than 9,000
Global Sales in 2014: $7.3 billion
Related Web Sites
- Dow AgroSciences
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Central America
- HERCULEX® Insect Protection
- Mycogen Seeds
- Mycogen® SmartStax®
- New Zealand
- Omega-9 Healthy Oils
- SENTRICON® Termite Colony Elimination System
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Dow AgroSciences, Synthace Research Collaboration to Accelerate Product Development Using High Tech Tools
- Dow Partners to Address Food Security throughout the Value Chain
- University of Illinois, Dow AgroSciences Celebrate Grand Opening of Innovation Facility at Research Park