Choosing the right fumigation professional is an important decision. Dow AgroSciences, a recognized leader in fumigant and pest management solutions, has developed an extensive stewardship training program that is conducted annually with all fumigation companies and their fumigators using Vikane.
Responsible Product Stewardship: Dow AgroSciences' Award Winning CaretakersSM Program
All fumigation companies who use Vikane® gas fumigant are required to participate in the CaretakersSM Program, an extensive training program developed by Dow AgroSciences. Additionally, fumigators who use Vikane have met the product stewardship demands of both Dow AgroSciences and state enforcement agencies.
In January 2010, the Caretakers program received the Florida Commissioner’s Stewardship Award for 2009. In a press release published by Pest Control Technology Online, Commissioner Charles H. Bronson praises the Caretakers program as “a model for how to make sure pesticides are used safely and effectively.” He continues, The Caretakers program is so effective that we have required other companies to follow this approach when they have registered structural fumigants.”
Read the full story.
Going Above and Beyond: Dow AgroSciences’ CTE Program
|Another advantage to using Vikane® gas fumigant is the Commitment to ExcellenceSM (CTE) Program, an additional training program offered in the states of Florida, California, and Hawaii, which recognizes every fumigator who has made a voluntary commitment to excel in whole-structure fumigation with Vikane® gas fumigant.|
In addition to maintaining state stewardship requirements, CTE-certified fumigation companies must:
- Have each active fumigator repeat the Caretakers™ Program yearly
- Own and demonstrate a proficiency with Dow AgroSciences- and industry-approved fumigation equipment for administering, monitoring, and clearing Vikane fumigations safely
- Send all active, licensed fumigators to CTE training; a high percentage of attendees must also pass the program’s exam to earn certification
- Pass all (announced and unannounced) Quality Assurance Reviews and compliance audits conducted by Dow AgroSciences and its agents
- Adopt a conscious and deliberate commitment to the ideal behind the program’s name: a commitment to excellent service
Homeowners, landlords, and business owners alike can trust their decision when choosing fumigation companies that participate in the CTE Program.
For more information on the CTE Program, or to locate a CTE professional in your area, please call Dow AgroSciences at 1-800-352-6776; or use the locator below if you reside in Florida or Hawaii.
Locate a CTE ProfessionalX
To find a CTE Professional closest to you, please enter your preferences below:
Radius between you and furthest professional (miles)
Professionals Near You
|Company Name||City||State||Phone Number||Website||Distance|