- Dursban® is a broad spectrum insecticide registered for the control of sucking and chewing insects on a wide range of food crops, oilseeds, pulses, fibre crops, plantation crops and fruits and vegetables.
- It is a contact and stomach poison, with fumigation action also.
- It offers a cost effective control of target pests.
Features of Dursban®
- Dursban® is based on the active ingredient chlorpyrifos, which belongs to the phosphorothioate group of organophosphorus pesticides.
- No reported incidences of resistance development against Dursban® in the target pests.
Crops treated with Dursban®
How does it work?
- Dursban® inhibits the ACh esterase enzyme in the synaptic gap of the insect nervous system acting as a nerve excitatory poison.